Mechanical Engineering Internship (paid)
Los Angeles, CA
We are looking for mechanical engineering interns for both spring and summer 2021. This position offers a unique opportunity to work directly with the CEO and a multidisciplinary team of medical device experts to take our products from concept through bench validation to clinical trials. The ideal candidate would have significant classroom / lab / personal experience in 3D printing, CAD modeling, and enclosure design; previous industry experience or internships are a plus. Most importantly, candidates must be ready to put their skills and knowledge to use in developing medical devices that will define the future of medicine and benefit people around the world.
• Develop detailed CAD models based on 2D schematics or sketches
• 3D print test articles and functional devices
• Assist in designing enclosures
• Assist with medical device packaging and integration
• Work with external partners to design and manufacture prototypes
• Design and prepare technical drawings, exploded-view drawing and reports to communicate results to the team
• Assess feasibility and soundness of proposed engineering evaluation tests, products or equipment
• Work cooperatively and adaptively with team
• Currently pursuing a BS or MS degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
• Experience in 3D CAD modeling using software such as Creo, SolidWorks, AutoCAD, or equivalent
• Experience with 3D printing
• Passionate about learning new knowledge and taking on challenging assignments
• Resourceful, flexible, and adaptable
Niche Biomedical Inc. is a medical device company spun-off from UCLA and currently located less than a 10 minute walk from the UCLA main campus. Our mission is to drastically improve the quality of human life through bioelectronic medicine. The company is developing a set of novel technologies as therapeutic devices and systems to treat diseases and injuries associated with central, peripheral, and autonomous/enteric nervous systems.
We are actively looking for passionate and talented employees who share the same vision with us to grow and thrive together.