Electrical Engineering Internship (paid)
Los Angeles, CA
We are looking for electrical engineering interns for both spring and summer 2021. This position offers a unique opportunity to work directly with a multidisciplinary team of medical device experts to take our products from concept through bench validation to clinical trials. The ideal candidate would have significant classroom / laboratory experience in designing and testing circuits and electronic systems; previous industry experience or internships are a plus. Most importantly, candidates must be ready to put their skills and knowledge to use in developing medical devices that will define the future of medicine and benefit people around the world.
• Assist in prototype development and characterization
• Design, assemble, and test PCBs
• Conduct electronic circuit and systems design, development, and verification
• Design and prepare reports to communicate results to the team
• Assess feasibility and soundness of proposed engineering evaluation tests, products or equipment
• Work cooperatively and adaptively with team
• Currently pursuing a BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree
• Preferred experience in PCB design using Altium or similar software
• Preferred experience in electronics circuit simulation
• Preferred experience in soldering through-hole and surface mount components
• Strong electronics testing and debugging skills
• Passionate about learning new knowledge and taking on challenging assignments
• Resourceful, flexible, and adaptable
Niche Biomedical Inc. is a medical device company spun-off from UCLA and currently located less than a 10 minute walk from the UCLA main campus. Our mission is to drastically improve the quality of human life through bioelectronic medicine. The company is developing a set of novel technologies as therapeutic devices and systems to treat diseases and injuries associated with central, peripheral, and autonomous/enteric nervous systems.
We are actively looking for passionate and talented employees who share the same vision with us to grow and thrive together.